Thursday, June 12, 2008

Paperwork

I would love my job if it weren't for paperwork. Need I say more nurses???

Due to the litigious nature of our society we are always creating new paperwork. In fact, there is so much paperwork that says that you took care of the patient thoroughly that you hardly have time to actually take care of the patient. And one form is never enough either. We must have multiple forms to say the same thing over and over again. The hospital admin says that they are doing their best to eliminate double charting but then the next email from them is the introduction to....................you guessed it..............another new form.

So here it is 4am and as usual I'm just now getting to my paperwork. (Though I guess really I'm here blogging to avoid doing it for a few more minutes!!) All the while chanting silently to myself "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job......................." and feeling like this (just insert scrubs instead of the tie):

1 comment:

Sader said...

What's sad is the computer systems don't make it much better...just a touch faster...if you're lucky and they don't add 80 million questions cause HEY! We can track this now...

My Playlist