Monday, October 24, 2011

Resurection?

Perhaps it's time.............

For a resurection!!

Of this blog that is. I'm not gonna make any promises but I'm gonna give it an honest effort. Now that I'm an ED nurse I have TONS of great stories!! I have been an ED nurse for almost a year now. I think. Ha ha. I honestly cannot remember if I transferred to the ED in Nov of last year or January of this one. I could find out I'm sure, but honestly I don't care that much!!

I'm still on the fence as to whether ED nursing is for me too. I said I would give it a year and then reassess but closing in on that year I'm just not sure. Some days I love it and some days I utterly hate it. And then there is the in between ones too :-) Perhaps it is just the 12 years of inpatient nursing I did and how different the ED is. It could be any number of things, many of them which I could name but will just leave alone here. For now though, I'm staying put. Really where else would I go? I've done most of what my hospital has to offer......floor nursing, critical care, MET nurse and now ED. All that is left is NICU as our pediatric floor is a combined adult/pedi floor so holds no interest for me. And I think I'll save NICU for later in my career when my back is gone :p

Next post I won't just mutter along absently but will actually give you a story!! See ya then.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! Looking forward to it!

Tracey said...

Awww!! Thanks Kate!

Patti said...

I've been a nurse for 30 or so Years, all but 6 of those on night shift. For all of that time I've done adult orthopedics. On recent years they've Added neurology, neuro-surg and trauma to our floor mix (neither of which I particularly like). Now I find myself praying for retirement. My kids are upset that I don't like my job but it's not that. I'm just always do darned tired. The type of patients we see (level 1 trauma center) are just emotionally draining.

Ambrose said...

It will not work in fact, that is exactly what I think.
http://bluemanspill.com | http://bellyfitfast.com | http://yeast-infection.fixfatbelly.com

My Playlist