Sunday, July 13, 2008

The other side of the bed

Unless I find some time and think of some old stories there will be nothing new here for a little while. I'm going to the other side of the bed (or should I say my daughter is) and I will be off for the next 1 1/2 weeks.

My daughter has a laryngel cleft and is going to have it repaired tomorrow (Monday, July 14). I think it is hard to be a nurse and be on the other side of the bed for any reason. Whether it is youself or any family member.

I recently experienced this with my husband as he had an AFib ablation done just prior to Christmas and then his follow up in April. And I have experienced it a ton with my daughter as she has had issues since birth and this will be her 5th hospitalization in her almost 3 years.

I have yet to decide if being a nurse makes it harder because you want to "do it all" or if it is because you just know too much. Or in the case of my daughter I know too much but too little at the same time as I have no real pedi experience. Either way, I'll be away from this blog until I come back to work. But if you want updates on her progress you can still visit me at her blog titled Jenny's Journey.

Good tidings until I'm here again.

3 comments:

Braden said...

Best of luck to you! It is always hard to have the tables turned and try to step out of nurse role and just let the staff do their job. I've certainly been there before.

We'll be praying for you and your daughter.

Tony Heywood said...

Good luck, I hope this goes okay for you.

Thats and interesting post. I will be back to read more on your blog. If you come to London and are looking for somewhere to see client you should visit Knaresborough Place -
Medical Rooms London

No Cap Here said...

I hope it all went well- I'll be thinking about you and your daughter.

My Playlist